- Apr 14 2023
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Forest Bathing Shinrin-Yoku Walk
Unwind into nature’s wonders on a mindful Forest Bathing (Shinrin-Yoku) walk, a wellness practice rooted in Japan, connecting people with the natural world in a healing, personal way.
On these easy, guided walks we slow down and unwind into nature’s wonders in a mindful way, connecting closely with different areas of the park. Nature & Forest Therapy Guide Jane Scanlon leads guests among the pine & spruce at historic Rock Ledge Ranch or the ancient rock formations on the Garden’s south side. Creative “invitations” offered on a 1+ mile path help quiet the busy mind and open the senses and imagination as we immerse in the beauty and joy of these peaceful spaces. We close our time sharing forest tea brewed from local plants.
Ages 12 and up. Limited to 10 people. (Program will be cancelled if less than 4)
For more info on Forest Bathing visit Jane at https://wwwabovethecloudsforestbathing.com/.
Dress for changing weather. Bring a sit pad or stool & small backpack if you have one (loaners available) and water. Restrooms available near the .
Meet at South Spring Cañon Picnic Area, Parking Lot 16/”Horse Parking”, just past the GOTG Trading Post.
- Cost: $10
- Pre-registration required
- Ages 12 and up. Limited to 10 people. (Program will be cancelled if less than 4)
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds.
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org