Help us Preserve & Protect the Park by Following these Guidelines:
- The Park has unique and sensitive soil that is easily damaged. Even one person off-trail can create decades of destruction. Please help us protect the park and stay on official trails.
- The rocks in the park are easily damaged, help us preserve them by not marking or carving them.
- Take only pictures. Do not remove any of the park’s natural features (rocks, plants, animals).
- There are many camping areas nearby. Stop by the Visitor & Nature Center for a list of locations where camping is allowed. Please note the park closes each night and there are no overnight stays. Roads will be closed with locked gates.
- A Rock Climbing Permit and safety gear are required for any rock climbing activities inside the park. You can get a permit online which is good for climbing in all city parks where rock climbing is allowed.
- Please share the road and stay out of the pedestrian/bike lane. The speed limit throughout the park is 20 MPH.
- Horses are allowed on designated trails only. Guided horseback rides can be scheduled with Academy Riding Stables.
- More information and details are available at our Information Desk inside the Visitor and Nature Center in addition to the Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services website.
Dog Rules For Garden of the Gods Park
- Pets are welcome in the park but must be on at least a 6’ leash at all times and all pet waste removed
- Pet Owners are also responsible for picking up any pet waste. Doggie cleanup bags are available at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center in the designated pet area.
- Well behaved pets are allowed inside the Visitor and Nature Center with the exception of the indoor dining area and carpeted areas.
- Well behaved and leashed dogs are allowed on outdoor programs only.