Assist visitors in understanding, enjoying, and preserving the Garden of the Gods Park.
- Greet Visitors at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center
- Answer questions about the Garden, operate the theater and distribute Park Maps
Provide opportunities for visitors to understand and appreciate the natural area of the Pikes Peak region with an emphasis on the Garden of the Gods.
- Provide nature presentations
- Provide nature walks in the Park
Assist school-age children (pre-school through high school) in understanding, enjoying, and preserving the Garden of the Gods Park.
- Conduct school programs
Help with the weekly 5k fun run at the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center.
- For more information please contact fill out our Volunteer Form
- Greet participants, answer questions and register new walkers and runners at the sign-in table. Thursdays 4:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Hike or run the 5k trail course to set flags before the event or retrieve the flags after.
- Outreach at special events in the community to promote the 5K Gallop in the Garden
Assist with fielding incoming phone calls to the Visitor and Nature Center.
- Answer incoming phone calls for the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center and transfer calls to the appropriate organization or individual
- Answer basic questions including requests for directions, operating hours, and general park information.
A fun and active volunteer position where you will assist with programs, guided hikes, Star Parties, and special events.
- For more information please fill out the Volunteer Form
- Accompany hikes and outdoor programs
- Assist with welcoming and signing-in program participants, introducing speakers, and set up at the beginning of programs
- Photograph programs and special events