- Nov 05 2022
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am
History of the Garden Hike (Lot-10)
This one-hour morning hike explores the rich history and natural beauty of Garden of the Gods. Park Interpreter, Bowen Gillings, leads you on a trek through the historic people and events that shaped the park we love today. Each month’s hike features a different historical topic and follows a different trail or set of trails. Hikes are on rough dirt, gravel, rock, and concrete and are not stroller friendly. This program will include hike along the old reservoir. It will cover tops such as Land Use Acknowledgement, Ute Pass (Nuu-ciu travel), Theio discovery, Fossils/ impressions, Rock Ledge Ranch, old reservoirs, Chambers Family, old Baldwin house visitor center.
- Distance is about 2 miles along easy to moderate trails.
- Please, bring water and dress appropriately for the conditions.
- Event is weather dependent. You can call 719-219-0108 on the day of the event to check weather status.
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds.
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email email@example.com