- Apr 08 2023
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am
History of the Garden Hike (Visitor Center)
This one-hour morning hike explores the rich history and natural beauty of Garden of the Gods. Park Interpreter Bowen Gillings leads you on a trek through the historic people and events that shaped the park we love today. Each month’s hike features a different historical topic and follows a different trail or set of trails. Hikes are on rough dirt, gravel, rock, and concrete and are not stroller friendly.
This hike meets at The Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center, by the American Flag Pole. We will hike the Gateway, Bretag, Dakota, and Foothills Trails. Approximately two miles total.
- Distance is about 2 miles along easy to moderate trails.
- Please, bring water and dress appropriately for the conditions.
- Event is weather dependent.
- Pre-registration required.
- Tickets are sold on a first come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds.
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org