- Feb 20 2023
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Forest Bathing Shinrin-Yoku Walk
Unwind into nature’s wonders on a mindful Forest Bathing (Shinrin-Yoku) walk, a wellness practice rooted in Japan, connecting people with the natural world in a healing, personal way.
Join Nature & Forest Therapy Guide Jane Scanlon among the pine & spruce at historic Rock Ledge Ranch as we hike into the old reservoir area in Garden of the Gods, on the traditional lands of the Ute people. Creative “invitations” offered on a 1 mile path will quiet your mind and open your senses and imagination as we immerse in the beauty and joy of these peaceful spaces. We close our time sharing forest tea brewed from local plants.
For more info on Forest Bathing visit Jane at https://wwwabovethecloudsforestbathing.com/
Dress for changing weather. Bring a sit pad or stool & small backpack if you have one (loaners available) and water. Restrooms available near the trailhead.
Meet at the Gazebo at the far end of the large dirt parking lot bordering 30th St., across from the GoG Visitors Center, adjacent to Rock Ledge Ranch at 3105 Gateway Rd. (access open north of Gateway Rd. 30th St. is closed for construction south of Gateway)
- Cost: $10
- Pre-registration required
- Ages 12 and up. Limited to 8 people. (Program will be cancelled if less than 4)
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds.
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email email@example.com