- Dec 14 2023
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Mike Hike (#1)
Join Mike Bideau, our education specialist, for a guided nature walk designed for anyone who wants to explore! These walks are to encourage taking time outdoors and to appreciate the beauty of Garden of the Gods. Along the walk you will learn about some ecology, some history, and some geology. Each walk is different and we will talk about different things each time! This walk will be about 3.25 miles long with several spots of elevation gain. The trails are rated moderate difficulty level. On this hike we will be walking from the Visitor Center to the Central Garden, up ON TOP OF the Sleeping Giant Formation, up the Palmer trail, and then Dakota and Foothills trail back to the Visitor Center.
- Be sure to bring water, sunscreen, and rain gear!
- Meet at the Buffalo in the lower lobby of the Visitors Center.
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org