- May 30 2023
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Rock Identification Sedimentary
Rocks are all around us, but very few of us can name the rocks we see! Come to the Rock Identification in the Wild series. We will learn the skills to identify different traits in rocks that geologists use to determine the rock type. The class will begin indoors in the Red Rocks Room so that we can learn the traits that we are looking for and how to measure them. Then we will head out into Garden of the Gods and put our new knowledge to work identifying any rocks that we find! This week’s session will focus on Sedimentary Rocks. These are the most common rocks to find in the Garden of the Gods! For the walk portion of the class, be sure to bring water, a backpack, and a sweatshirt for the weather!
- For the walk portion of the class, be sure to bring water, a backpack, and a sweatshirt for the weather!
- *This program is best suited for ages 10 and up!
- Tickets are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No Refunds.
- If you, or someone you are registering for, are under 18, a resident of El Paso County, and were affect by the COVID-19 pandemic you are qualified for free registrations. Please follow this link to register for the program: Community Impact Grant Registration
- If you have any questions about this program, please email email@example.com
- If registration is closed, stop by the Information Desk the day of the event to see if there are still spots open for the program